Golden Demon 2012

So I mentioned Golden Demon below.  This was my first ever visit to Games Day, and whilst I had considered the possibility of entering "at some point" in the future, it was my brother who talked me round to entering this year.  The logic went, if I painted something I already had, what was the worst that could happen?

 After 7 weeks or so of building and painting (the first two and a half were spent getting the Forge World kit into some sort of semi respectable shape) I had a model that I was pretty happy with the paint job on.  Don't get me wrong, there is plenty that can be improved on it - but I was satisfied enough to pack my suitcase, jump on a plane and visit the NIA via my cousins wedding...

Having never been to Games Day / Golden Demon and not really knowing what to expect as I dropped my entry off amongst the dozens of other display cabinets and hundreds of other entries.  Overall, at this point, I was satisfied that what I'd entered wasn't a total embarrassment (my biggest fear was to show up with something that was totally out of place and make a monumental pratt of myself) and left it there.
I was rather happy to find that three or four hours later (when it was time to collect those models that hadn't made the cut) my model was still on the judging table...

The end result was I made the "cut" and was one of the final dozen or so models.  I didn't "place", but considering I wasn't planning on entering until quite late in the day I was overjoyed with the result.
I already have plans for the Salute painting competition in April and the 2013 Golden Demon...
Anyway - enough words :-) to the pictures...







As usual, comments and criticism welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment